Reports to: CEO
Position Type: Full-Time
Firman Pollen’s Mission is to deliver Quality, Service, and Dependability. As we approach our 9th decade of operation, innovation has become essential to advancing our mission. These innovations enhance our ability to dependably deliver top quality pollen year in and year out. Almost 90 years and 4 generations later the company is currently selling pollen globally and still, family-owned and operated. The core values of this family-owned business have not changed: Produce the highest quality pollen possible, supply the service necessary for the customers to succeed, and make sure the customers can count on us.
Firman Pollen is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team and serve as the Sales Manager. The primary responsibility of the Sales Manager is to perform activities to support objectives of the company in order to grow within our industry. The ideal candidate for this position will have a business mindset with a desire to contribute to marketing, inventory management, overall corporate customer growth and support. The primary job duties of this position are highly dependent on in/off season.
In-Season Duties (February-April)
- Manages and grows all company orders, both domestic and international, that are not being serviced by a company distributor.
- Primary person to answer sales calls and assist customers.
- Prepare estimates and invoices for new and existing customers as well as providing statements and follow-up calls to delinquent accounts.
- Works with packaging team to ensure order completion and correctness.
- Maintain up to date awareness of company activities, industry trends and any regulations that may affect the company.
- Serve as the liaison and provide ongoing support to the distributors.
- Delivers presentations and trainings in a professional and effective manner to new and existing customers regarding company products.
- Hours may vary during on-season but may require 40 hour work weeks, including overtime and weekends.
- Travel to California for 4-6 weeks of the almond/cherry season starting mid-January or as needed.
- Living arrangements, transportation and set per day meal allowance for the duration of the stay will be provided.
Off-Season Duties (May-January)
- Ability to develop leads and maintain accurate and detailed notes regarding those interactions.
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers from first contact, past closing the deal, to maintain the relationship after the season in order to assess their needs.
- Provide ongoing reports for sales, product inventory and order status as needed.
- Inventory management.
- Register and prepare to attend trade shows, conferences and other events to promote product.
- Manage the customer databases that will used for direct mail, advertising and other promotions.
- Attend industry networking events to promote products.
- Actively participate in the planning, development and implementation of sales, marketing and social media platforms.
- Off-Season hours average 35 hours or less per week.
- Additional travel may be necessary throughout the rest of the year to promote products.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Have a vision for company growth by seeking new business opportunities and contacting, meeting, and developing relationships with potential customers.
- Be able to provide great customer service to all customers and communicate in a professional manner.
- Maintain a positive relationship with customers, industry partners, distributers and employees.
- Ability to be independent, self-starter, self-motivated and pleasant working with/interacting with others.
- Analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues as well as be able to develop solutions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Team oriented, energetic, and possess a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Reliable and dependable.
Education and Experience:
- BA preferred or AA with 2 years equivalent in related field
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
Portions of this position operates in a professional office environment. Employee will be using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machine, filing cabinets and fax machines. Noise level is low to moderate. When at the production facility (particularly on the production floor) this position will be exposed to allergens (pollen).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Authorization/License Requirements:
- Eligible to legally work in U.S.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitations.
Firman Pollen is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.