- Scumby Puffer can be mounted either on the front or rear racks using U-Bolts or Ratchet Straps.
- 2-stroke oil to 89 octane or higher fuel mixture; 50:1 ratio.
Electric Auger Motor can be wired in 3 ways:
- Alligator clip pigtail directly to battery
- Auxiliary pigtail to auxiliary port (if your ATV is equipped with a port)
- Eyelet wire connectors directly to battery
- Double check polarity to ensure auger is turning the correct direction.
- Auger motor is calibrated to use standard 12-volt system. If it receives more voltage it turns faster and ground speed may have to be slightly increased to compensate.
- Firman Pollen highly recommends using Scumby Stack Attachments to evenly distribute pollen into tree canopy.
- Non-viable calibration pollen is included. Firman Pollen highly recommends taking the time to drive 1 acre to ensure that everything is operating correctly and pollen application goes smoothly.
- Scumby Pollen Puffers are specifically calibrated to use 1/2 strength Firman Pollen. (Use of Sure Set or other carriers leads to build up on auger causing eventual mechanical failure).
- Use calibration chart inside hopper lid to determine ground speed and auger settings.
- Scumby Pollen Puffer applies Firman Pollen at a rate of 60g/Acre/Pass.
- Blower should run at full throttle for maximum air movement.
- Auger on/off switch may be used to prevent pollen dispersion at the end of rows.
To download a PDF for Scumby Applicator Instructions, click here.