Precision Pollination Mixing Instructions
SUSPENSION MIX INSTRUCTIONS
- All instructions are for an application rate of 15 gallons of water per acre.
- All instructions are based on using 45 gallons of water per tank (3 acres coverage).
- Only initiate these procedures when prepared to spray
Supplies Needed Per Tank:
- 45 Grams “Pure” Firman Pollen
- One 5 gallon bucket
- One packed WSU Suspension Mix
- One 2-quart wide mouth plastic or glass container (tight sealing to avoid spillage during shaking)
- Empty suspension mix into 5-gallon bucket. Add 2 gallons water and stir until mix is dissolved.
- Place 2 cups dissolved mix into wide mouth container. Add 45 grams of fine-screened “pure” pollen. Mix well by sealing and shaking container.
- Add pollen mixture to remaining 2 gallons of suspension mixture. Stir to mix.
- Pour entire mixture into 43-gallons of fresh water in sprayer tank. This mix will be enough for 3 acres.
- Once mixed, apply in less than 2 hours, to ensure pollen viability.
- Driving every row is one full rate application per acre.
- Driving every other row would cover 6 acres per tank. Allowing for two applications per acre.
- Two applications may be beneficial for extended bloom periods
To download a PDF for Precision Pollination Mixing Instructions, click here.